Friday, July 3, 2009

It's Official!

Dr. McNall called me yesterday to let us know that the final results came back from the bone marrow, and Emma is officially in remission!! Praise God! They didn't find 1 blast in 100,000 cells : ) This is great news for us and such a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

We have been home for a week tomorrow and are loving every minute of it. Emma had a clinic appointment on wednesday for a cbc and a quick chemo treatment. Her counts have almost bottomed out so she is extremely neutropenic. We are being careful to wash our hands and not take her around huge crowds of people. She has been feeling a little under the weather due to a nasty diaper rash that has been caused by diahrrea. She has had this ever since she got home and it has gotten worse. The drs have prescribed a new medicine that we will try and will hopefully cure the rash. She cries everytime she goes to the bathroom.

We go back to the clinic on monday for another cbc and then on wednesday for a spinal chemo treatment and another chemo called vincristine. Spinals usually make her sick so we will load her up with meds before she goes. She is on 8 different medications at home, three of them are as needed. I have started a notebook so I can keep track of everything that I need to give her and the times I have given them to her so I don't get mixed up. She is getting better at taking meds orally, but still cries because they don't taste very well.

She now has her two bottom teeth in and she makes this clicking sound when she rubs her tongue on them. It is so cute. She also has said "mama" a couple of times, but it is still kind of mumbled : ) She had a good day today and we expect better days once her counts recover. Thank you everyone for checking up on us and I hope you all have a great 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I was thinking about you this weekend in Tulsa when we went to church Sunday morning. I have two passages for you that I heard in the service that made me think of you. I will email them.
    Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Lord :-)

    ReplyDelete