Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13

Emma's x-rays have shown some improvement since we have been here. It's not significant, but it is a change for the better. We spoke to the GI doctor this morning, and he still believes she needs to have nothing by mouth until all the air in her gut and liver is gone. As hard as this is for us, we agree with him. He said that there is no sure way to know if food or drink will hurt her at this time, and we definetly don't want to take the risk. She could be off of food for about 14 days, but we are hoping it is only about 7-10. Tuesday will be 7 days, so we will start to re-evaluate the situation. Jonny and I are positive that she has taken a turn for the better!

Today she has had a little bit more energy and is wanting to play a little bit. We are also working with her on walking and standing more, so she doesn't get too weak. The doctors are going to increase the calories in her IV nutrition so that shold also give her more energy. Too bad it won't make her feel full : ( She continues to ask for food especially when she sees someone new come in. I guess she figures since we won't give it to her, they will : ) Bless her heart!

I pray everyday that God will just heal her instantly. She has been through so much, and she doesn't understand anything that is going on. We are so close to being done with all of this, so why did this have to happen. Things were going so smoothly! I have been so frutsrated because I just don't understand why Emma has to suffer so much. Then I came across this quote by Max Lucado:

"What you and I might rate as an absolute disaster, God may rate as a pimple-level problem that will pass. He views your life the way you view a movie after you've read the book. When something bad happens, you feel the air sucked out of the theater. Everyone else gasps at the crisis on the screen. Not you. Why? You've read the book. You know how the good guy gets out of the tight spot. God views your life with the same confidence. He's not only read your story...he wrote it. "
— Max Lucado (The Grace for the Moment Daily Bible: Spend 365 Days reading)

God has already written Emma's story and knows exactly what is going to happen. I know I worry so much because I am her mommy and I can't stand to see her going through something like this. But God loves her more than I can even imagine and he is going to take care of her. It may not be the way I would handle things, but he is way is always better. As much as I worry about her, I also have peace about the situation.

Thank you everyone for your prayers! They are working!!

Please pray:

The air in Emma's gut to continue to absorb

The antibiotics to continue working and completely get rid of the infection

For Emma to start to gain weight

Wisdom for the doctors to treat Emma

A complete healing

No delays in chemotherapy

More energy in Emma so she can start walking and playing

A restful stay at the hospital for our entire family

1 comment:

  1. Johnny and Jessica,
    I am so sorry Emma is having to go through this also! We are praying for you tonight, as always!! We love you and her!
    Elizabeth Herren

    ReplyDelete